When it comes to the appearance of your pool and outdoor living area, there are three factors that can play an important role: your decking, your coping, and your pool’s finish. Balancing the three and deciding which to choose can be a challenge, but don’t worry – we at Aloha Pools and Spas have you covered. Read on for further tips on how you can choose the best of the three for your pool.
Your Pool Decking
When it comes to pool decking, 5 things need to be kept in mind:
- The economical aspect (the cost to have it installed as well as its durability)
- How easy it is to maintain (wooden decks are gorgeous but require a lot of maintenance. Pavers are essentially maintenance-free)
- How well the surface can reflect heat (this is particularly important here in Union City)
- The deckings slip resistance (good traction is a must-have on any pool surface)
- Your design options (decorative concrete may be the most flexible, but it may also not be the most desirable depending on your backyard and home architecture)
Your Pool Coping
The pool coping is the material which is seen at the top of the pool wall. This is an important consideration as it will help blend your pool into the decking materials that you choose. If the coping is substantially different in finish or color from your decking material, then it will come across as being a large, gaudy stripe which encircles your pool.
Your Interior Finish
The finish of your pool will depend on two key components:
1) Your budget
2) Your desired effect
White plaster is the oldest and most common finish. It is the least expensive and requires little upkeep but it will require refinishing within 5 to 10 years. Another option is colored plaster which has the ability to tint the pool waters and give it a whole new reflection.
Some other finishes to consider include:
- Aggregates (this includes aggregate finishes, polished aggregates, and exposed aggregates. Each comes with its own set of benefits and price points)
- Tile finishes (this includes ceramic tiling, porcelain tiling, stone tiles and glass tiles)
If you’ve been thinking about building a pool or upgrading your current one, click here to take a look at our photo gallery.
Better yet, call us today (731) 885-2020 with any questions you might have or to set up a FREE consultation!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Aloha Pools in Union City is part of a family of companies that started in 1969. The Aloha Pools company has built thousands of pools for customers across seven states. They are dedicated to superior quality, professional service, and giving each and every customer an unsurpassed level of satisfaction.
For over 40 years, families have trusted Aloha Pools to provide the highest quality at affordable prices and with the most up-to-date knowledge and technology. They have an expert staff of friendly pool professionals and pool service technicians that make pool ownership a breeze. If you’ve been thinking about an inground pool or an above ground pool, hot tub, spa, sauna, tanning or outdoor living related, Aloha Pools in Union City is where you’ll find the best deals, service, and quality.
If you live in Union City, Poplar Bluff, Clarksville, Marion, IL or anywhere in Northwest Tennessee, Southern Illinois or Southwest Kentucky, give Aloha a call at 731-885-2020, stop by the store at 1400 W. Reelfoot Ave, or find them on Facebook to get more information